Friday, March 20, 2009

Diary of a Prom Dress

Today was the BIG day--well, not the prom, just the beginning of the real dress! This morning I cut out most of the dress. This afternoon I made the skirt (not the hem). This evening I made the bodice (mostly). So far, so good. I haven't had to re-do much and it's been fun! It seems to be fitting well. Tomorrow I'll attach the skirt to the bodice and cut out the bodice lining and maybe sew the lining together. Will I get to the zipper? We'll see--could be tricky. I might sew the zipper in by hand.


I think there's a good chance I can have most of it done by next Saturday--my goal. Jessie is still deciding on some of her embellishments, but they can be done anytime. I'm just concerned with having most of it complete before Mexicali.


Keep checking in!


Have a great day!