Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Summer's almost over? How can that be?

Where did the summer go? I'm home from a great weekend of visiting Annie and David in Longview and babysitting Paisley while they went on a couple's retreat. Paisley and I had a great time--we played, went to the zoo, read books, shopped a little, and just snuggled.

This afternoon I went to lunch and a movie with my walking/Bible study gals. We saw Julia & Julie and so enjoyed it. It's a really sweet movie, especially if you remember watching Julia Child on TV, or if you enjoying cooking now, or if you're a blogger, or if you've just turned 30 and need a little pick-me-up.

I'm looking forward to the routine (if there is such a thing) of the fall, but am excited/sad too about taking Jessie to college in Minneapolis in a couple weeks.

Have a great day!