Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Beautiful Nebraska Day

Today was one of those beautiful Nebraska days--the kind we have most often in the fall. It's a cool (60's) morning, clear blue sky, with the promise of warming up to the 80's, no more.

I celebrated this fantastic day by riding my bike. My car is fixed (thanks to Don), so I attached my bike rack, loaded up my bike, and headed into town. I started at 56th and Hwy 2, rode to 27th and Hwy 2, turned south across the bridges (Jacob knows), and rode almost to Old Cheney. I figure a round trip would be 6+ miles--a good start for me.

Since it was such a wonderful day, and because it is Saturday, there were loads of people on the trail. After I turned to head back, I counted 44 people who I met or passed or who passed me. They were walking, jogging, rollerblading, and biking. It's nice that Lincoln has such great trails and even better that so many people take advantage of them.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

What nice weather we have all been having this summer! We are currently having one of those days....cool this morning, nice breeze off the river, cicadas buzzing in the background.
I hope it continues!

Anonymous said...

"""I love wholesale wedding dresses
I love discount wedding dress
""
"